After selecting the new match button on the match toolbar you will be presented with a number of dialogs alllowing you to create a new match.
Select the necessary from the fields below. Each field allows you to create a new type, saving entering them via the data menu.
- Match Type.
- Opposition Club.
- Opposition Team.
- Home Side. This can be neutral.
Select players from the left list and move them to the right list. The buttons allow the following:
- Show Club players. This will show all players defined for the clubs. Once clicked it will be titled Show team players.
- Show inactive players. Players no longer with the club can be made inactive via the data | players menu. This will show them if necessary.
- Add New Player. A player can be added here as well as via the data | players menu.
- Last Match Players. Click on this to get the last team selected to save time reselecting all the players.
Note: this screen is shown for each team in the match.
Select officials for the match. This includes umpires, scorers and a match referee.
Define the match data:
- Day. For each day you can set the start times, weather and pitch - this can be done each day via the edit | match data menu item.
- Scoreboard fields: follow on score, batting and bowling DRS attempts allowed.
- Toss - if known now this can be selected.
Define the match details:
- Score ball by ball or scorecards only. If just one innings will be scorecard only, select ball by ball and then via the score menu change that innings to scorecard only when scoring it.
- Generate squad numbers. Select this or let the ones set for the players be used.
- All the other data from the earlier screens is then shown.
If the toss was not yet decided this dialog is shown. If the toss is still not known you can pause and select 'Not Started'.
This dialog allows you to select the openers as well as the bowling end and which umpire is stood at that end.